Kill Bill: Vol.1 Review - Tarantino's Best Film

 


Just wow. I am going through a movie marathon; a movie a day, for Quentin Tarantino's films, and I purposely left Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill to be watched at a later stage of my movie adventure even though I've become a movie lover for quite a while because as far as I've heard, these films are masterpieces. Now, I've watched Reservoir Dogs and I think it is, but after watching Kill Bill: Vol.1, man, I was just blown away.

If Reservoir Dogs was the film that kick-started Tarantino's impressive directing career, then Kill Bill was his pinnacle of success. The story and the characters, which were set in their own Tarantino's movie logics were absolutely great and fun, and that iconic yellow jumpsuit was just, instant pop culture material. In fact, I think Kill Bill made it's way to the hall of "movies that shaped the pop culture", in the same league as Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Dark Knight.

And of course, how can I not talk about Uma Thurman? She was absolutely killing it. Seeing her in this one and comparing her in Pulp Fiction, it is like comparing two different persons. Agreeing to play the lead role was absolutely one of the best choices she made in her life (and definitely made we forget about the abomination that was Batman and Robin).


9/10

Comments